Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three pretty flowers, Hand Carved Rubber Custom stamps

You all know I LOVE custom order stamps!! :-) I love carving them... love the images.
I was given the challenge to carve 3 flowers, no stems, no leaves, just the bloom. I needed to carve a hibiscus, and African lily, and an African violet. I looked through some images on google to see what these flowers looked like, then I drew a few sketches. I was confident about the hibiscus and the lily, but the violet... well, I was just not sure how I was going to make it into a stamp. The first one I carved ended up in the little bag next to my desk.... the trash bag :-( I tried to add too much detail to that one and it just did not work... but the second carve was a success!! :-)

Here they are...


I love comments.... let me know what you think :-)

3 comments:

  1. These turned out very nice...the hibiscus is my fav:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! Especially the eye you have listed in your shop.

    I am also a military spouse and working on getting some business going from home. I am sharing some military spouse businesses on Facebook this weekend, and I posted about you! Come check it out at Doodle La on Facebook!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete