Saturday, May 21, 2011

The making of a wedding invitation

A very special young lady is getting married this fall. She is someone my family has known since she was 13 and she has become a special part of my family. She calls me mama T, my husband daddy K  and we call her our adopted daughter, and my kids call her sis :-)
Her wedding will be in a small chapel (adorable) in the country, so we have decided on a country/rustic theme. We could have just ordered the standard computer generated invitations.... BUT no way!! Homemade is best!! :-)
I put my crafty thinking cap on (it must have been my night cap because I stayed up until all hours trying to come up with an idea for the invitations) and got busy, this is what I came up with...
I had this idea of a sweet little tree with their initials carved into it so I drew it out and transferred the drawing onto the rubber


Next, I carved and mounted the stamp

Then I gave the stamp a test run in the colors that we are using for the wedding


Because I liked the way the stamp looked in ink, I was ready to take the next step and try it embossed.
These are the supplies I used for the embossing and gluing the layers of card stock together

Started with embossing the tree trunk... yea, I was getting excited!! I really liked how it turned out!

I carefully embossed the flowers next, then went back and embossed the buds. I tried to stamp them at the same time but some would dry by the time I got to the powder, so I just did it in stages


Now it was time to layer the card stock that was all pre cut to size
(did it earlier)

And here it is... all put together! :-)


And after making over 30... time to put the night cap back on, but this time I may sleep :-)


There are many more homemade projects that will be going into this special day, I will be sure to keep you all posted :-)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I really like the tree with initials...Great Job!

    ReplyDelete