Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend nail art

For me and my life  here on the ranch a weekend out is exciting!! I actually went out to eat on two nights in a row!!! YEA :))) I had a great time! Friday night was spent with a few girlfriends, they are helping me with my adopted daughters wedding. We went over decorating ideas and shopped and then went to eat. It was great! Then Saturday night we went out to celebrate my husbands birthday. We had a great time... my mind reeled back to last year at the same time...we celebrated his birthday with heavy hearts. He left to Afghanistan just 2 days later... actually today is the one year mark. He was deployed for over 6 months :( It was a long 6 months for our family but with the strength of the Lord Jesus and His many blessings we made it through! After having been through a long military separation through the holidays with children I really feel like I need to start some kind of something for children of deployed family members. It can be a very lonely time for children and spouses. My husband told me of all of the packages they were so thankful to receive, our citizens really took care of them with all of the support. But it dawned on me last night that the families left behind can sometimes be forgotten about. Rarely to they get thank you cards and words of support that are so desperately needed. I wish I could do something this year, but as we ourselves are gearing up for our final military move in December, I will not be able.... but hopefully next year I can :) !! I will keep you all posted on that.

Now, back to my weekend nails! I had to do something cute for my weekend out :) I stamped my nails and this is how they turned out....



8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun all the way around this weekend (top to toe, don'tcha know ;o) I love the nails, although I'm pretty sure I would trash that pretty little manicure in a heartbeat. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you had such a fun weekend:) Looking forward to hearing about your plans for helping the soldiers' families!

    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I totally understand.... my nails do not last all that long either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure will Cindy, I would love to have organized somthing this year, but duty calls. So, shooting for next year... I am excited about it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute nails!! Love the silver and pink embellishments on the black nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the nails!! Being a military wife myself & having been through several deployments myself ( ours were a year at a time) I know what you mean about the families left behind. We were very fortunate to have wonderful neighbors...they did a lot of fun & thoughtful things for us. Let me know if you cone up with an action plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, That is wonderful that you had great neighbors! Our church family has been great to us :) I will keep you posted on what I come up with once I get organized in our new place a few months down the road. I am so excited that there has been an interest!! :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete